#06 – Five Notches
February 28, 2012
Synopsis: How much of what Chris said about Sonic last week was wrong? What is the ideal system for media consumption over the Internet? How much data collection is too much? These questions will be answered, and some other cool stuff too.
Present: Dan, Michael, Steve, Adam, Shadoe, Chris
- Remember, Capcom counts 7, X (and X2-4), 8, 9: The whole series
Fixing Content Consumption
- MLB’s regional blackouts
- DVDs and streaming meet the first sale doctrine
- Were royalty payments behind the split between DVDs and streaming?
- iTunes Match and magic money
- The Oatmeal: Game of Thrones
- How Apple Could Reinvent TV
- A Quiet Revolution
Target’s Predictive Powers
- NYT article that started the debate
- Wikipedia article on Customer Relationship Management–basically predictive analytics for people.